Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Eden, through the eyes of me and a friend!

By JT vickers and Brian sixpence

We have been here for 8 days. Working in teams to try to get many things done.  Some have gone smoothly, some have had some minor set backs.  All are exactly what GOD has wanted.

     For instance, the lumbar was not available until several days. So as there were many pieces to build, we quickly noticed that we were never gonna finish. So what to do?  I was able to show 2 Shona men, how to build the furniture, and they quickly picked it up and began to build them quicker and better!   It's a joy to see them finishing a piece of furniture.  The smiles in their face is priceless!!  
   I was very disappointed that I could not finish, and Ben and Rory put it to me this way," fed a man a fish, he eats for a day,   Teach him to fish, and he eats for a life time. JT u taught them to fish!"  A different perspective!! 

    Finally breathing room.  It reminds me of a mission trip n brazil!!  How we had to let some of the work be finished by the locals.  And in the end, we were told how much of a blessing that was to them.  It brought many wonderful things.  

  And so here we are, leaving tomorrow, and there is many things left undone.  I have to be ok with this.  I know it's for a purpose, more than anything I can imagine.  

  Now back to the original story.  I really have never blogged before.  I have to remind myself that it is not my Facebook posts.  I actually have to spell out words!!!!   

So,  this pick is of me and Brian!   He is a 13 yr old child, who came to Eden when he was 8 months old. Since the first days we were able to hang out with the kids, Brian and I seem to always find each other!  I asked home to help me write this.   I asked him," what would you like everyone to know?"   So he thought and said that," I want people to know about me!"  This is a basic human thing I suppose.  We all want to be known. For something!!!  Even in the deep Zimbabwe mountain, in an orphanage, that basic need still prevails.  So we began to write things down. And this is the sum of his message!

Brian

•I like carpentry, soccer, and wants to be an engineer!  
•favorite food is, rice and chicken. And cabbage. 
•favorite bible vrs John: 1:2. Go look it up!   
    We talked about that vrs for a while! 
• has 1 sister,Belinda.   Twins 
•he lives in ECV 5. W 13 other kids. 
•favorite subject n school, spelling!
•i asked him when he had ever seen GOD. His answer,". One day while he was walking home, a kid started to wanna fight him.  And all of the sudden a man who he had never seen, stepped up and stopped the kids!  Saying," stop it!!  GOD  doesn't like that!"   He felt really protected.  And never saw the man again. 
•on his birthday this yr, march -18. He felt JESUS calling, he went to pastor condongrie and Brian asked JESUS into his heart!   
According to him, he should get baptized this Sunday. I will be sad, I will not be there!!  
Brian loves Eden, it helps in so many ways.  Food, clothing, protection, and LOVE!!  I look forward to the day I see him again.  He will always be my friend!  

1 comment:

  1. I read this and could only feel the angst of having to leave Brian tomorrow. Praying for you. What a magical moment in your life. thank you for sharing. This will stay with me for a long time.

    ReplyDelete